Next post will be from AFRICA!!!
Just wanted to share some prayer requests really quick, as I know we have many people praying and would like to know how to pray specifically. Keep checking in over the next few days, as I have a feeling we will be able to be a lot more specific once we are actually there.
I am going to quote from an email that our trip leader, Matthew sent to his family and friends a few days ago. I think it is so important to pray scripture and I love how each prayer request has a specific scripture to pray as well. I included a few personal ones from Randy and I at the bottom.
This Sunday, I will be leaving for Ethoipia with a team of 16 volunteer travelers. Over the past several months, we've put together a team of individuals from across the country--CA to FL--and all points in between. As the leader of this trip, I wanted to share some personal prayer requests with you. Would you commit to pray for these requests on each day of our trip?
We are leaving Sunday, September 19 and will return Wednesday, September 29. We will visit several orphanages, complete one construction project, and paint two schools. On top of that, we will have daily activities for the kids (crafts, songs, games, etc.). I think we will see over 1,000 kids.
If you would pray for these items on my heart during this trip. I have included several scriptures that you can pray on our behalf as well.
- That God would show His favor on this trip, our volunteer travelers, and on all of our activities. Ephesians 3:20-21: "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
- That God would bless orphans through the work of our hands. James 1:27: "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
From Randy, Candice, & Paul (our missions pastor who is going on this trip with us!)
- That God would safeguard each of our team members and their families back in the US while we are away. Psalm 23:4: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
- That God would bind our team together in unity of spirit, purpose, and action. John 15:5: ""I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
- That the peace of Christ would guard my heart as the leader of the team, and cover our travelers and all the kids. Philippians 4:7: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
- Pray that the children we will be meeting will experience God's love and hope for them.
- Please pray for wisdom and discernment in identifying a location (CarePoint) where our ministry could be based)
- Pray for health, energy and safety as we travel.
- Pray for our sweet little ones here at home and the awesome family who will be taking care of them.
- Pray for God to break our hearts with the things that break His.