Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Girl's Nite!

***Just before I was about to post this, my boys walked in the door this morning!!! They were several hours earlier than I expected!!!


My boys are on their way home TODAY!!! I am so excited- I have missed them so very much this week!

Well, as I have mentioned like 100 times before- things don't always go as we plan them and this past week was one of those times. Remember all those things I had hoped to do with Elliana? Instead of getting better so we could go out and play and have fun, my sick little baby got even sicker and by Wednesday evening I was taking her to the ER of our local childrens hospital. She was very very dehydrated and I was quite worried about her, but after the trauma of inserting the IV and drawing blood were over, she settled down to receive the fluids she needed. It was amazing. Within only a few hours, she had transformed from incredibly lethargic and refusing to drink or eat anything, to singing songs and asking for water! We ended up getting home and had her in bed before 10:00 that night- it was amazingly fast! I was SO glad I took her in, because she was finally on her way to recovery, but I was sad that Randy and the boys were so far away and he felt so bad for not being there. Thankfully my sister-in-law came over and sat with us at the hospital and Elliana was happy to watch daddy and brothers from the videos they were sending to my phone.

It took her several days to fully recover from all of that, and even still she is really really clingy to me and has been waking up many times during the night, which has made for a pretty unproductive week around here! A week without hubby and 3 boys is not all it's cracked up to be!

But by Saturday night, she was feeling good enough for us to have our little "girl's nite" that we had been planning with my two nieces and sister-in-law. Yay!




Waiting and watching out the window for the girl's to come- so cute!
Girl's nite

Are they here yet???

Girl's nite
Happy to be held by Auntie
Girl's nite
No girl's nite would be complete without THE DIP. And some yummy fruit to dip in it!
Girl's nite
Getting ready to dig in to our rice bowls... YUM!
Girl's nite






Girl's nite

Spreading the frosting for our delicious cake! Elliana wants to help too!
Girl's nite

Girl's nite

Is it ready yet?
Girl's nite
Yes, I was there too!









Girl's nite


Lauren opens her belated birthday present from us... a fun nail kit and earrings!
Girl's nite


Trying it out on Elliana... ha ha!
Girl's nite




Girl's nite

Gotta make sure it's  good and dry!
Girl's nite


After playing a fun girl game and putting Elliana to bed, we got comfy with our cake and one of the best girl movies of all time
Girl's nite

Yep! One of my favs that I only can watch when the boys are away for a long time! :-)
Girl's nite


I am SO very thankful for my sweet family to share these memories with. It was such a fun time just hanging out with the girls. I am sure it's just the first of many many more to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best girls' day EVER. THE DIP and Anne of Green Gables. Two of my favorite things in this entire world. Wish I was there!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...