Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And they're off!

All 4 of my guys left today. For a week. On a man's trip.
Aren't they so handsome? Yes, I miss them already! :-)

My guys are headed on a train trip up north to Portland and then Seattle and then back home again next Tuesday. What will they do on their trip you ask? Well, I don't exactly know. All I know is there will be some fun sights to take in, some man-food to be eaten, and a lot of father-son bonding taking place. That is the blessing of having 3 sons so close in age- it makes for great opportunities to have some of that guy-time with the best dad in the world. Randy has plans for a special time of discipleship and training during this trip and I am so proud of him for just planning it and making it a priority. He has been looking forward to getting away with them and having fun and being able to discuss some of the things they have been reading about becoming men more in depth. The boys were pretty excited about it too!


And what about the girls? Well, little miss Elliana thought she should be allowed to go too! Trying to hop right into the truck...
Sorry baby, this trip is for BOYS ONLY.

She was NOT happy about that at all.


The girls (as in Elliana and I) are actually STILL recovering from our rough weekend. She was still very sick yesterday and seems to be recovering today, and I seem to have gotten an infection at the extraction site which would explain why I'm still in so much pain, but I've got meds to help clear that up soon. So after we are all well, we have small plans to go play at the park, swim at grandma's, go to the zoo, have the girl cousins and auntie over for a girl's night, and relax here at home. I have a list a mile long of projects that need to be done around here, but who knows what will realistically get accomplished before the week is over!
Of course she wanted to join in on the picture too! I know she is going to miss her da-da and bubbas this week!

And I am too!!!


"My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching.

 Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck.


When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.


For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light,
and the corrections of discipline are the way to life..."

Proverbs 6:20-23




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...